Building on the success of last year, the 2013 Calypso British Schools Surf Championships will again be held at Widemouth Bay, Bude on the 20-21st of April. 2012 was a pivotal year in the development of Surfing GB and 2013 promises to be an even more exciting year, as we look to provide the competitive selection of our members with more opportunities to strut their stuff on the National stage.
We will be kicking off this year with a bang and inviting all the UK’s juniors to participate in the 2013 Calypso British Schools Championships. The event is an opportunity for juniors (u18’s & below) to not only perform for personal glory but to represent their school. This year’s event will also include free and exciting activities provided by POSCA & Calypso for competitors and spectators alike to have a go at. The event holds specific importance to a selection of the Juniors who will be battling for selection for the 2013 GB Junior squad to travel to Nicaragua and the World Junior Games and others beginning their efforts to achieve selection to the 2014 squad.
Over 100 juniors aged between 12 and 18 from over 30 schools across England, Wales and The Channel Islands will be competing. There will be both team and individual competitions and SURFING GB expects to see some impressive action as well as ensuring fun for all.
SGB’s project manager Nick Rees says “Both the participation and performance levels of Junior Surfing throughout the UK is rapidly growing and events like this are a great opportunity for the Surfers to show off their talents in a competitive but fun environment”.
- Each school/college can enter teams of up to 10 surfers and there are no restrictions on the amount of entrants from a school/college entered into a specific category e.g. A school can enter all 10 surfers in the U18 Open Bodyboard if necassary.
- Individual prizes will be awarded within each division.
- Combined results from Surfers respresenting each school/college will inform an overall school/college as the British School Champions.
- Entry is only permitted to Surfing GB members, if you are not a current member please visit www.surfinggb.com/membership to join.
- Entry into multiple age divisions is permitted and full payment for each entered division is required. Please identify all division entries in the box on the registration form (P.1). NOTE: Competitors must be under age for division on 1st January 2013.
- The closing date for entry is Wednesday 10th April. Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and may be limited depending on application numbers.
- If you are NOT attending or able to represent a specific school but would still like to enter then please contact Nick Rees (SGB Project Manager) at email@example.com or 07967664643.
- Following receipt of your application and after the Wednesday 10th April closing date an email will be sent to confirm receipt of your application and the arrangements for the event.
- Surfing GB hold the right to cancel the event or change locations/format if conditions are deemed unsuitable or unforeseeable events occur that directly affect the running of the event.
- Payment for entry can be made by cheque payable to Surfing GB, card payments and bank transfers are accepted by phone or email to Sally Lawton on Kerry Powell on 07429208283 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of receipt for entry will be sent via email.
- Post Cheque and entry forms to Surfing GB, TOP FLOOR, 19 Southernhay West, Exeter EX1 1PJ.