On the Sunday 27th May British Open surfing Champion Stuart Campbell is offering a progressive coaching day for enthusiastic surfers of all ages. This training day is being run in association with Nick Thorn Surf Coaching, Estpix Photography, O’neill and Eyeball Surf Check.
Stuart and Nick will be sharing their expertise and experience with 8 surfers. Surfers need to have their own equipment, be able to catch and ride unbroken waves, be able to paddle out back in most surf conditions. The surfers do not need to be interested in pursuing competitions or have a background in competition surfing.
Stuart has been coached by and trained with top British surfers from a young age including Sam Lamiroy, Russel Winter, Alan Stokes, Micah Lester and has worked with coaches Joel Gray, Ester Spears, Xavier Huart and Adi Gluska. Stuart has vast experience in surfing, competitive surfing, Travel surfing and working with photographers and film makers. Stuart constantly analysis his own surfing and knows exactly what needs to change in order to improve.
Nick Thorn is an incredible athlete; with 10 years Pro Lifeguard experience here in the UK and worldwide, 30 years Surfing experience, 11 x UK Iron Man, 3 x European Iron Man and previously ranked 3rd in the world. An ASI Master of Surfing, training and assessor. A True Waterman.
The cost for the Stuart Campbell Training Day is £75.
For more information on this exciting progressive coaching day please check out Stuart Campbell Coaching Day. There are a limited 8 places available so book NOW on 01271 871337 or email email@example.com
- Two in water coaching sessions.
- Video analysis and feedback sessions.
- Beach analysis with 1:1 feedback and drills on how to catch more waves.
- Water competence for bigger waves.
- Technique adjustments and Surf Fitness.
- How to warm up and prepare for a surf and for competition heats.
- Equipment analysis, what boards should you be riding and fin setups.
- Lunch and refreshments in at Bar Electric.
- Goodie bag from event sponsor.
- Professional water and land photography of you in action.
- Photographer presentation, with question and answer session.
- A coaches report of personal improvements required & how to go about achieving your goals. (based on days performance).
All training and feedback will be tailored to the individual. Each surfer will leave with the knowledge, motivation and program they need to improve and continue to improve all aspects of their surfing.
We have teamed up with Ester Spears, a Woolacombe local, all round nice bloke AND freelance senior photographer and editorial contributor at Orca Publications, home to Britain’s finest surf magazines: CARVE, SURF GIRL and THREESIXTY.
Ester will spend the day with us chatting about working with a photographer, talking you through the kit he uses and how the pro’s get shots in the mags. He will also do a portrait with each surfer, guarantee 3/6 action shots of each surfer and give advice about how to build a portfolio for sponsorship. Ester will also talk through the responsibilities of being ‘sponsored’, offer advice and answer your questions.