DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championship Presented by Billabong
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Playa Venao, Panama
Another full day of action will feature the finish of the first round of Girls competiton and the winners from early heats in the Boys divisions on Day 3 of the DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championship Presented by Billabong. The waves are 3- to 5-feet with occasional corners, but with the incoming tide, the conditions will transform into the ideal long walls of Day 1 and 2.
With two podiums running heats, first in the water is Vania Torres (PER), Emily Gussoni (CRI) and Lucia Indurain (ARG) in Heat 17, and Sarah Baum (RSA), Leilani McGonagle (CRI) and Lucia Cosoleto (ARG) in Heat 21.
Today’s competition schedule is the following:
- Qualifying Round 1 of Girls Under-18 (Heats 17-24)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-18 (Heats 9-16)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-16 (Heats 9-16)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Girls Under-18 (Heats 1-12)
- Qualifying Round 3 of Boys Under-18
- Qualifying Round 3 of Boys Under-16
The webcast can be VIEWED LIVE at www.dakineisawjsc.com/live, beginning at 7:45am local time (5:45am PST; 1:45pm in London).
Griffin Colapinto of the USA lets us know where we are as he flies straight to Round 2 of the Main Event yesterday.
Photo: ISA/Rommel González