DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championship Presented by Billabong
Monday, April 16, 2012
Playa Venao, Panama
With a new swell beginning to move in over the course of the day, Day 2 of the DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championship Presented by Billabong should see improving conditions, just in time for the Girls to join the action. The waves are 3- to 4-feet with occasional corners, but with the incoming tide, the conditions will transform into the A-frames that were present on Day 1.
In the water first is Heat 25 of Qualifying Round 1 in both Boys divisions. Starting out for the Under-16s is Benji Brand (RSA), Che Allan (BAR) and Derek Gomez (VEN), while Under-18s action starts with last year’s Silver Medalist, Dylan Lightfoot (RSA), Daniel Edghill (BAR) and Carlos Perez (VEN).
Today’s competition schedule is the following:
- Qualifying Round 1 of Boys Under-16 (Heats 25-32)
- Qualifying Round 1 of Boys Under-18 (Heats 25-32)
- Qualifying Round 1 of Girls Under-18 (Heats 1-16)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-16 (Heats 1-8)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-18 (Heats 1-8)
The webcast can be VIEWED LIVE at www.dakineisawjsc.com/live, beginning at 7:45am local time (5:45am PST; 1:45pm in London).
Photo: ISA / Shawn Parkin